Tuesday, July 8, 2014

June 16 - 23

I think I only took two or three pictures all week and they weren't that exciting. Consider yourself warned.  Also, sorry that once again I've gotten behind and need to play catch-up.


On Monday we went for another bike ride after dinner.  Bennett was doing much better with only pedaling forwards, but he did try going backwards a few times.  Although the bike path by our house is mostly flat, it does have a slight slope so I had to jog to keep up with Bennett as he was riding.


On Tuesday things changed with the bike riding.  We decided it was time to teach him how to stop.  You would think that with all of the backpedaling he had been doing this would be easy.  Nope.  He either takes his hands off the handlebars as he reaches to us for help, he turns and looks at us, thus turning the bike, or he just doesn't listen.  At one point when he was turning he was going a bit too fast and he fell and scraped his knee.

This has been a week without many naps, and on Wednesday we could tell he was tired.  Normally he still runs around going a mile a minute, but he was sluggish during dinner so we decided an early bedtime was in order.


I guess the lack of a nap on Thursday, combined with the fact that he'd been running around all day at school, meant that he was rather tired.  We were about five minutes from the house on the way home from school when I thought Bennett might be asleep.  He then moved his head and started talking, so I figured he was just closing his eyes against the sun.  We looked again and his eyes were closed again.  When we got home I took him out of his car seat.  He woke up a little.  I asked him if he wanted to go to bed.  "No." I asked if he was tired and he said, "yes".  He then started to cry for a few moments before quieting again, closing his eyes, and snuggling into my neck.  I rocked him for a few minutes and then brought him up to bed.  He woke up a few times overnight, but always went back to sleep, and then we had to wake him up at seven the next morning to go to school.

On Friday Bennett was getting very frustrated with his bike.  We were working on stopping again and he just wasn't getting it.  And somehow that frustration morphed into being afraid of falling again.  

On Saturday we went to OSV.  In the nicer months you can try fishing.  Normally we don't do this, but decided to give it a try.  Chris caught a fish.  It's very skinny and sideways and you can barely see it.  I also need to work on my photography skills a bit more since I cut Katie in half.  Oops.


After Sturbridge (and nap) Bennett went to Nana's house for an overnight.  He was very excited when we told him and eagerly packed his suitcase.

What did we do with out free time?  We went to a movie.

In other news, I started a Couch to 5K program.  More on this in a later post.  In looking to find a 5K to run I found on at OSV, but since it's in mid-July I doubt I'll be ready in time.

Our Sunday was pretty low-key.  We did yard work- mowed the lawn, etc.  Bennett was pretty excited to be able to watch Daddy from the porch.

After Bennett's nap we went food shopping and then all went out for a bike ride.  Bennett didn't want to ride his bike (he's now afraid to ride his bike because he can't stop and doesn't want to fall) so he went in the trailer.


And that pretty much sums up the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment