Monday, September 15, 2014

August 4 - 10

So I'm now over a month behind with my blogging.  Time for a little catch-up.


On Monday Daddy and Bennett played a little croquet while I went for a run.  I guess Bennett was inspired by all the croquet playing while everyone was visiting.  I started reading Farmer Boy at bedtime.  It's interesting for me to see how similar many aspects of the story are to how life is presented at OSV.  And for those keeping track of these things (maybe that's just us) it was a no nap day.

On Tuesday Bennett did nap (woo hoo).  He played outside for a little while after school.  And it was a momentous occasion for us, we sold the crib.  Ok, not really all that momentous, but a definite sign that Bennett was growing up.  It was PJ day at school, so Bennett wore his "Smee" PJs.

"No pictures"
Wednesday was another day without a nap.  Another sign that Bennett is growing up- I started working on the invitations for his birthday party.
Thursday was another day without a nap, but this time Bennett fell asleep on the way home from school.  I went for a run, and then worked more on the invitations, finalizing the design.

Continuing the no nap trend, Friday was another day without a nap.  Bennett played outside after school and then drew a picture in the card for Aunt Suzanne's birthday.

Saturday was a busy day.  We started off by meeting Uncle Andrew and Aunt Gentry for breakfast and then we went to the Bolton Fair.  We checked out the animals, participated in veggie races, and rode some rides.  It was HOT, so we headed home at lunch time so that we could avoid overpriced fair food and also so that Bennett could take a nap.



We were glad that Uncle Andrew and Aunt Gentry were there because Chris and I don't like Ferris Wheels.



After a long nap, Bennett went to Nana's for the evening.  What did Chris and I do with our free time?  We went grocery shopping and then shampooed carpets.  I know, we're lame.

On Sunday I went for a run in the morning and then we picked Bennett up from Nana's house so that we could take our weekly trip to Sturbridge.  At the farm Bennett helped Victoria set the table and make a salad.  He also helped fill the wood box.
Adding a squash blossom to the salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment