Monday, February 25, 2013

29 months old!

I'm not entirely sure why Bennett is without a shirt in this first picture.  I think we may have been in the process of getting ready for his bath, which usually involves removing clothes wherever he is.  Sometimes he wants to go to the bathroom/hallway to remove his clothes, but not always.  And if he's in the bathroom, he's more likely to start climbing into the tub while still half dressed.
We had put the train table (temporarily) away in the basement when the house was decorated for Christmas.  Then it stayed down there while I had some totes of outgrown clothes sitting in the front room.  Those finally got brought down to the basement, but the train table still hasn't returned.  Soon.  In the meantime, Bennett still plays with his trains on the floor.  And on this occassion, he just played with the junction.  Moving the gates makes a clanging train crossing sound, which he finds to be lots of fun.
When we picked him up from school one day he was busy learning to use scissors.  He had his fingers in correctly, but then he would turn his hand upside down.  I think he needs a bit more practice. 

Reading with Mumma one night.
29 months old!!!  He didn't want to cooperate for the picture though.  Playing was much more fun, so this is the best that I've got.
We wrapped up the final lesson of the skating session.  Bennett was so excited to get a ribbon!  When we collected him at the end of his lesson he had it attached to his wrist and proudly showed it to us.  And he wanted to hold it the whole way home.  What's exciting though is that this particular ribbon means that he passed the Pre-Tot class.  And what was fun for me, is that at one point during class I heard his teacher exclaim, "yay, Bennett!"  I'm not sure what he was doing to garner the praise, but whatever it was, we're happy for him.  I had already signed him up for Pre-Tot again for the next session, but I imagine they might shift him into the Tot class.  Or, in all honesty, I'm sure that keeping him in Pre-Tot again wouldn't be a horrible thing.  But he can now stand up (and apparently on Saturday he did it all by himself) and march a few steps by himself.

I picked up a couple of shakes for Chris and me. We let Bennett have a few sips and he LOVED my Shamrock shake.  What was cute though is I had been out getting my hair cut and Chris had tried to teach Bennett to tell me that he liked my hair.  So when I got back, Chris asked him if he had something to say to Mummy.  His response (having just had some of the shake) was "thank you", said in the most clear voice he's ever used.  Super cute.  Then Chris prompted him and he said, "Mummy, head".  Close enough.

At one point this weekend I was sitting with Bennett reading a book.  There was a picture of puppies.
Me: How many puppies are there?  Can you count them?
Bennett: One, nine.
Hmmm, as a friend commented on Facebook when I relayed this story that I better not take him to adopt a puppy any time soon as it's pretty important to understand the difference between 2 puppies and 9.
Say, "cheese".

We got more snow this weekend.  (That's 3 weekends in a row, for those of you keeping track.)  Sunday afternoon Daddy asked Bennett if he wanted to go outside and shovel and he got VERY excited.  He jumped off the couch and ran to the closet to get his coat.  Then he made sure we all had our boots, snowpants, etc.  He's a little distracted in this video because there were some people across the street who he was watching.  Hopefully he's this excited about shoveling when he's a teenager, but we're not holding our breath.


2 comments:

  1. He is looking so much older than 29 months - he's adorably handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tristram asked this weekend when we could go to Bennett's house again. But I think he really just wants to play with Bennett's Little People Wheelies race track.

    ReplyDelete