Thursday, May 20, 2010

16 Weeks Journal

How far along? 16 weeks.
Total weight gain/loss: I was kind of nervous about how much weight I would gain this week since I was away for work and constantly eating. Imagine my surprise when I stepped on the scale and had only gained a pound, bringing my total to 10 pounds so far. I have another appointment this afternoon, so we'll have to see what their scale says.
TP test: Just over 10 squares.
Maternity Clothes: Yup. I still fit into some of my old things, but not a lot.
Food cravings/ aversions: Nothing special this week.
"Morning" Sickness: The smell of the bathroom at the airport made me vomit last night, but not sure if that was pregnancy related or not.
Signs of Pregnancy: Growing tummy. :)
Stretch Marks: Nope, but towards the end of the day my belly has felt rather tight.
Sleep: Blissful for 4 nights this past week when I was at the hotel. Super comfy bed and I slept in a cocoon of down pillows (5 of them) and a down blanket. And then I came home to my normal bed. Blech. Eagerly awaiting our tax refund so that we can go out and buy a new bed and mattress.
Big things this week: I survived working crazy long hours and only overslept once. :) I think it will take a few days for my body to get back into a normal sleep pattern.
Gender prediction: The Chinese gender prediction test I took a few months ago said boy, but a co-worker found one which said girl. Hmm....
Movement: No. Eagerly awaiting feeling those first flurries.
Labor Pains: Nope.
Belly Button in or out? In. I think it may be getting a little shallower, but maybe that's just my imagination. Definitely feeling stretched out.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Random story from the past week: There was a group of us from work all on the same plane last night so we were at the airport together looking for a bite to eat. Everything was pretty crowded, so we're standing around waiting for a table. The bar we were at was pretty informal, when you saw a table get cleared you went over and took it. And many people were eating with strangers just so that they could get a place to sit. I think we were all wishing I was showing a bit more so that I could have played the pregnancy card to get us a place to sit.
And a quote of the week, when we were discussing "adult" topics... [Put] earmuffs on the baby.
Weekly Wisdom: Although this past week I frequently was reminding people that "I'm not an invalid", sometimes it's nice to be able to use it to get out of things or be able to eat ice cream at 10:30am because "baby wants it". :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow - 16 weeks already?! That went by fast...when's your ultrasound scheduled for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ultrasound is in 2 1/2 weeks- June 8th. And we're still planning to NOT find out the gender.

    ReplyDelete