Saturday, January 23, 2010

Denial is not a River in Egypt

I've been in denial with myself pretty much all day.

I woke up this morning and when I went to the bathroom there was a smidgen of blood. No worries, I thought. Probably just from being a bit rough with our amorous activities. I put in a tampon just to be safe.

When I got home from skating and a couple of other errands I changed the tampon and it was pretty bloody. Not as much as it could be, but still. Yet I was still in denial. Spotting, I told myself. That's all it is.

Yeah, not so much. This afternoon the cramping started.

I think this time is worse than others since it went on so long and we both really had our hopes up. And I also made the mistake of starting to check out strollers at BabiesRUs.com. That, combined with our various discussions and plans. Sure we kept saying we were being cautiously optimistic, but I think we both were forgetting to take caution.

No comments:

Post a Comment