Tuesday, March 9, 2010

First Appointment

Today I had my first appointment. It was with the nurse and they refer to is as a "teaching" appointment. Basically getting all my family/medical history and then giving me various brochures and pamphlets with dos and don'ts. And then I got sent to the lab to have 4 vials of blood drawn. I ended up having to be stuck twice because the first one wasn't really flowing. Not sure if this is because I was stuck by an intern or since I hadn't had much to drink yet. Whatever, no big deal.

The exciting news though, is that since my cycles had been all over the place (27-40 days long) and I think I ovulated at a date different than what is "normal", the nurse asked me if I wanted to have an early ultrasound done for dating purposes. Um, ok. Go ahead and twist my arm. So next week I get to have an early look at my little lentil. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment