Wednesday, March 17, 2010

First Ultrasound

We had our first ultrasound this morning. The purpose was to pinpoint my due date more accurately. When I went in she asked how far along I thought I was. I said between 7 weeks and 7 weeks, 4 days.

Based on her calculations, I am 6 weeks, 6 days- which I also would believe (I had been leaning more towards only being 7 weeks, and this is just 1 day away). Not a big difference either way, but more important later on, especially if I'm late.

So we got three pictures. None of them really look like anything. The smaller blob next to the baby (love how she labeled that since it's so hard to tell) is the yolk sac. It still somehow doesn't seem all that real to me. Maybe because it doesn't look like anything yet. The part Chris really liked though was when we got to listen to the heart beat. He started grinning when he heard that.

I guess I'll be redoing my week 7 journal since I now have more accurate dates.

No comments:

Post a Comment