Wednesday, July 7, 2010

More pictures of the little one

We went back today for a Fetal Echocardiogram. Pretty much everything looks good. And apparently all babies have holes in their hearts. They need them in utero, and then they usually heal when born. Anyway, there is some slight "leaking" as the blood flows between two of the chambers of the heart, but the doctor said it's nothing to worry about; it's not something that concerns him. This was wonderful news! Just to be safe, we go back in another 4 weeks to get another look. Oh, and the heart is now about the size of a quarter. Definitely a lot bigger than a few weeks ago when it was the size of the tip of your pinkie.

And then after the fetal echo, they did a very quick ultrasound. I liked one of the profile pictures so I asked if we could have it, and then she kept printing more. She printed out 8 for us- here are my favorite three. But we were shocked. In the past we've only walked out with one or two pictures. I think the one with the feet is my favorite of all of them.


1 comment:

  1. Okay, I'm jumping the gun a bit but from the side profile I totally saw Girl Chris. Only reason I say this is because with Alexander I totally saw Alyson in his profile.

    But yeah that everything is well and that the doctor is not concerned! Plus, bonus yeah for getting several ultrasounds - always a good feeling to see/hear things.

    ReplyDelete