Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Successful Dr Appointment

I had my first appointment today with my OB. The previous appointment had just been with the nurse. Observations:
  • This appointment was perhaps a little longer since I hadn't had a pap done in about 2 years. So it was more or less just like an annual appointment. I can't imagine how quick some of these future appointments are going to be.
  • I got to hear the heartbeat. She said that normally it can't be heard (via Doppler) until 12 weeks, but since I'm on the thin side she'd give it a try. It took her a while (she kept hearing my heart beat) but eventually she found it. Baby's heart is beating at about 150 beats per minute. This is good.
  • Getting to hear the heartbeat was nice, because even though I know I'm pregnant sometimes I just feel normal so you start to wonder, am I still pregnant?
  • I was able to book the ultrasound! (June 8th)
  • I also was able to book appointments through the end of September. She was originally just going to book my next appointment and I asked for 1st appointment of the day so that I would miss less work. They only had afternoon left for that one and the next one, but she went ahead and got me early times for all the rest.
  • June 8th will be an appointment filled day because I have the ultrasound and a normal appointment. Of course they are at two different locations. But better to get them done in one day rather than taking up time on two days.
  • I got cleared to take Claritin for allergies. Benadryl is also safe.
  • I forgot to ask if I can take Sudafed. When I fly the pressure really hurts and my ears feel stopped up for at least half a day after landing. Sudafed alleviates this. In May I'll be flying for work so it would be great if I could take it. I'll make sure to ask at my next appointment, which is the week before my trip.
  • My weight on the office scale was 4 pounds higher than my weight at home this morning. The difference makes sense (clothing, food/liquids in my stomach) but I wish my "official" weight wasn't that high already.

No comments:

Post a Comment